British Values Statement
At Bosbury we recognise the multicultural, multi-faith nature of the United Kingdom and understand the crucial role that schools play in promoting these values.
As a community we embrace the Government’s definition of British Values:
* The rule of law
* Individual liberty
* Mutual respect
* Respect for those with different faiths and beliefs
Examples of the ways that the various values are promoted include:
* Values are embedded within the “Bosbury Beliefs”
* An active school council promote democracy and include all pupils in decisions made about their school
* An active ethos council promote global learning and values
* Staff from other countries, and visitors from other faiths, share their language and culture with pupils
* At school, children are actively encouraged to make choices, knowing that they are in a safe and supportive environment
Christian Value of the Month
Each month we have a Christian value. This is introduced in Collective Worship on Monday. The value is on display throughout the school and in reflection areas. All adults make reference to it throughout the week to support learning in the classrooms and behaviour around the school. Values are promoted in many different ways including:
* Collective Worship where stories, images, events and music promote the values
* Religious education lessons covering key religions represented in the UK, to promote understanding of religious diversity and practices
- * PE lessons promoting the concept of ‘fair play’
* In lessons promoting how the value can support with work
British Values in the Early Years
Click the link below to see how our Early Years team embrace British Values.
Please click on the link below to view a leaflet detailing how the school implements the government's new Prevent strategy which was implemented in July last year.