Bosbury School COVID-19 Information
Our Headteacher Miss Spence has been very busy working with the school governors and our Health and Safety officer from the local authority Mr. Nick O'Sullivan to draw up detailed plans, guidance and risk assessments as to how we are going to welcome all pupils back and ensure that they are as safe as possible in school during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
These documents, listed in order of when they were last updated, can all be accessed by clicking on the blue links below. As you can imagine they are rather lengthy reads, so probably a good idea to have a cup of tea handy, but in summary:
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES WILL BE PRESENT IN SCHOOL AND MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES:
- Contact with individuals who are unwell will be minimized by ensuring that those children or staff who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school under any circumstances for at least a fourteen day period from the first sign of any symptoms. Please note that pupils' attendance records will in no way be penalized if a period of self-isolation needs to be followed.
- Pupils and staff will clean hands thoroughly and more often than usual with new hand sanitizing stations being available on the playgrounds.
- Pupils and staff will practise good respiratory hygiene through the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach using tissues when sneezing which are then properly discarded afterwards with as little contact as possible being made between face and hands.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will be introduced, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach.
- Every moveable window and all doors will be kept open in classrooms to facilitate good ventilation and movement of air, with pupils and staff being permitted to wear warm clothing and as many layers as they feel necessary to enable them to be as comfortable as possible working in classrooms in colder weather (therefore uniform rules are currently relaxed).
THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY IN SCHOOL IN RESPONSE TO ANY INFECTION AND MUST BE FOLLOWED IN EVERY CASE WHERE THEY ARE RELEVANT:
- Full engagement with the NHS Test and Trace process
- Managing confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst the school community
- Containing any outbreak by following local health protection team advice
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE PROPERLY CONSIDERED WITH SCHOOL PUTTING IN PLACE MEASURES WHICH BEST SUIT ITS PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Minimise contact as much as possible between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible. This will include having classes in their own separate 'bubbles' with their own members of staff, ensuring staff maintain a suitable distance from pupils and other members of staff, having staff move around school using the outside of the building wherever possible, having daily whole school events such as assemblies and lunches in classrooms rather than the hall and having staggered break and lunchtimes.
THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY IN SCHOOL UNDER SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by staff when close contact with pupils is necessary and unavoidable, such as administering first aid.
We hope that all of the above information makes our parents and carers feel as confident and as reassured as possible that Bosbury Primary School is doing everything possible in order to ensure that pupils feel extremely safe when they return to school for the new 2020/21 academic year.
If you have any questions, queries or concerns over pupils' return to school then please do not hesitate to contact the school at email@example.com. Further information will of course continue to be sent out to parents and carers via emails and text messages.